Scraps: the Sehr Gut Weblog

Avatar: Foggyclad the Marshwiggle

Some journaling, some articles and reviews of movies and music. Scraps and ephemera, miscellany, shreds of misplaced thought. This is much easier to maintain than the Sehr Gut Web main page, and is consequently updated much more frequently. Besides that, I always meant to keep a journal . . .

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pensacola, Florida, United States

I am an inveterate writer, and so am becoming an inveterate weblogger as well. Supported weblogs are Scraps, The Random Quill, Tome, Academic Musings, Ergle Street, and Harbour in the Scramble. I also have a personal, unlisted weblog. If you find it, comment to it. I'll email you something. I don't know. I'll think of something interesting. “21 Steps to Becoming a Democrat”, maybe. By the way, I can be reached from the email portal on my web site. Technorati Profile

2004/07/27

   I was just talking with one of my roommates, B___, and he really straightened me out a bit. You see, another of my roommates, A___, and I get along in exactly the same way that best friends do not. I had been feeling quite self-righteous about it, because for the first five weeks of this ten-week internship I had been making quite a few overtures to him. We never really clicked, though; and I even get the feeling he resents my asking him if he had a good day.
   Now, B___ told me that we as Christians do have an obligation to reach out to those which are different from ourselves, and not just sequester ourselves with those who think and act like us. I thought I had that covered, so I became defensive (though I don't think I came across that way). I started talking about how I'm not like that, and I get along with almost everyone, and I reach out to people that are different. Really, I do. I brought up an example, a girl named K___, also on this same internship, with whom I get along famously — you couldn't find two people who disagreed more on highly significant issues.
   That satisfied him, and he then said, "Well, sometimes we just have to learn to know when to shake the dust off our shoes and move on." About then is when I finally gave in to the Holy Spirit's conviction, I started thinking.
   "I'm thinking, maybe I 'kicked the dust from my shoes' a little too soon."
   He started mulling that over, and we talked a bit more. Then he said, "You know, we have Divine protection. We can tread on waters others can't. That gives us a bit more of a responsibility."

   You know, it does, doesn't it? That's something I don't think about nearly enough. I think God's had enough of ivory-tower Christianity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Јust wish to saу your article is as astοnishіng.
Τhe clearness in your ρоst is just cool
anԁ i can assume you aге аn
еxpert on this subject. Fine wіth yоur permission аllοω me
tο grab your RSS feеd to keep updatеd
wіth forthcomіng ρost. Τhаnks a millіon anԁ ρlease carry on the гewаrdіng worκ.



Lοоk at my web page: miracle garcinia cambogia dr oz

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pet insurance for dogs Prior to deciding to publish a software for medical health insurance, take a moment to figure out what kind of business you would like to go with. It allows you to know exactly where they are at any given time, making it easy to find them in the event that they escape, are stolen, or get lost.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home